Who We Are
We’re a family owned and operated company.
Founded in 2005 with a single truck, QW Transport has grown exponentially over the years. As a family-owned and operated company, we utilize the ‘family’ approach towards our employees and customers. This philosophy reflects our high driver retention rates and our ability to develop long-term relationships with our customers who put trust in us to service their fueling needs.
Rick is a founding partner of QW Transport and oversees all aspects of the company including strategic planning, financial profitability, and relationships. Rick has over 40 years of management experience related to convenience stores, fuel distribution and fuel transportation. After graduating from the University of Texas – Austin in 1976, Rick joined the family business as a second generation member and is proud to have his sons Brett and Zach involved in QW Transport as third generation carrying on the legacy. Rick is a past Chairman of the Texas Food and Fuel Association and acts as an advocate for the industry through work with the members along with legislative body and numerous state organizations that regulate our industry. In addition, Rick is involved with NACS and has served on multiple working committees.
Zach joined QW Transport in April 2015 as an Operations Manager for the company. With over 10 years of experience in the real estate and insurance sectors, Zach has switched his focus to fuel transportation. His hands are involved in various aspects of the company, ranging from maintenance management, driver relations, technology automation and accounting. Zach joins the business as a third generation members carrying on the legacy of his father and grandfather. Zach holds a Bachelor of Science in Finance-Real Estate from the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University- Bloomington.
Brett came to QW Transport in March 2016 as an Operations Manager. His duties include but not limited to driver relations, human resources, fleet management and business development. Brett’s previous employment was with Empire Petroleum Partners and Quik Way Group where he specialized in wholesale fuel distribution, convenience store operations, supplier relations and customer service. He is a third-generation family member and happy to be preserving the family legacy at QW Transport. Brett is involved with multiple industry organizations including Texas Food and Fuel Association, NACS, and SIGMA. Like his brother Zach, Brett graduated from Indiana University – Bloomington and proud to be a Hoosier! Brett and his wife, Sarah, reside in Dallas.
Eric joined QW Transport in 2021 after having practiced law in Miami for nearly seven years. With his legal background, Eric focuses on the Company’s safety and compliance, and also oversees the drivers, recruiting and hiring, and equipment maintenance. Eric achieved his Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Georgia in 2011, and then his law degree from the University of Miami in 2014. Eric is the first in-law to join the business, and he is excited to contribute to the continued success and growth of the Company.
- What Brings Me Joy: my kids
- Hobby: cooking, singing
- Quirky Fact: I can speak 3 languages
- What Brings Me Joy: Spending time with my husband and kids and being outside
- Hobby: Collecting unnecessary farm animals against my husband’s will
- Quirky Fact: I served in the Marine Corps for 5 years
- What Brings Me Joy: Spending time outdoors.
- Hobby: Skiing and Scuba Diving
- Quirky Fact: I used to be semi-professional cyclist
- What Brings Me Joy: I am a big family person. Love being around my kids as well as I love just being around people. Makes my heart so happy when I can make anyone smile, laugh or just have a better day by just talking to them
- Hobby: I love to play in makeup as much as I can. It’s definitely a huge confidence booster
- Quirky Fact: I am a gamer! Used to be hard core gamer but not as much now. I mainly play video games with my kids especially when we do family nights playing Fortnite!
- What Brings Me Joy: Raising my kids to be good humans with empathy and compassion for those around them. I have 2 kids, Zander (6) and Gianna (2)
- Hobby: I enjoy working out, taking walks, and exploring new places with my family
- Quirky Fact: I have a pet bird named Benny who sings “if you’re happy and you know it” – I taught him myself
- What Brings Me Joy: Spending time with my family
- Hobby: I love watching almost any sports
- Quirky Fact: I love swimming with sharks
What Makes QW Transport Stand Out From The Competitors?
We provide our drivers with superior equipment and up-to-date technology. At the same time, we foster strong safety practices and reward drivers for top performance.